cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Pin

silex
Level 1
Level 1

I need to recover the user pins numbers that have been configured in CUCM ver 7.0.

I have exported the users into file, but obviously the pin numbers are encrypted.

I need to avoid having to reset pins. All users have unique no range

Anyone know what encryption is used or how to recover them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In short, Cisco won't disclose the information you requested. Because it violates many laws (both federal and states). And I don't believe the encryption is reversible.

And just my humble opinion, "decrypting password" is not something should be done outside law enforcement departments.

Just take a look at common operating systems like Windows or Linux. Do they allow you to decrypt a user's password if he/she forgot it? You may use 3rd-party tool (based on brute force mechanism). But there's no such a tool that can decrypt the password in a short time.

Just my two cents.

Michael

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

For obvious reason, you cannot "decrypt" the PIN (or password).

May I ask why you want to decrypt it instead of restoring it?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Quite simply We need to keep a master list of pin numbers so that when the Obvious happens that a user forgets their pin we can provide it. Please don't suggest reset the pin.

In short, Cisco won't disclose the information you requested. Because it violates many laws (both federal and states). And I don't believe the encryption is reversible.

And just my humble opinion, "decrypting password" is not something should be done outside law enforcement departments.

Just take a look at common operating systems like Windows or Linux. Do they allow you to decrypt a user's password if he/she forgot it? You may use 3rd-party tool (based on brute force mechanism). But there's no such a tool that can decrypt the password in a short time.

Just my two cents.

Michael

O.k

many thanks for your feedback

Hi Friends

Can you help me with this please..

I do a fresh install of CUCM 9.1 and need all end users from CUCM 4.1 with password and pin, first i did export of all details end users  from CUCM 4.1 and then try to adapt to the format of bulk insert users in CUCM 9.1 but the Password and Pin are encrypted and can´t insert the users.

Then i try with  Bulk Admin > Insert Users and check "File created with Export Users". This time the users are correctly inserted in the database, however every time that i try to acces to any end user the web page shows me this error: Access to the requested resource has been denied

Can any help me please.

Thanks

Not sure why you're posting this here, you use the username and pwd to access the web interface, not the PIN.

And you need to make sure you're using the right set of credentials, from the server, or LDAP, and the user needs to have the right groups to access any web interface.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response.

I need all end users with the PIN from CUCM 4.1 because the company uses Extension Mobility, the problem is that when i export the users and import in (according to the format of CUCM 9.1) the password and pin are encrypted and can´t insert it.

Basically the question is How to insert all end users from CUCM 4.1 in CUCM 9.1 usign Bulk Import Export without losing credentials like PIN and Password.

I hope this question is more clear.

Thanks..

There's no way to do that.

You would need to upgrade all the way to 9.1 to keep the info.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks for the info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: