Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AV default policy for incoming and outgoing

Policy 1 - Incoming, do AV (and subject tagging) based on some recipient group query. -- done - working.

Default Policy is *NONE* - no scanning, i.e. deliver as is, if not matching the above group query.

Here comes 2nd new requirement

Policy 2- Outgoing. Default Policy - scan ALL outgoing messages. Repaired *any* virus message. (or drop attachment if unrepairable).

Can I do two default policy? 1 for incoming and 1 for outgoing?

PS. Yes, I love to have a 2nd pair of ironport for outgoing sole purpose, but i can't right now.

Thanks.
Chris

1 Reply 1

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

Policy 1 - Incoming, do AV (and subject tagging) based on some recipient group query. -- done - working. 

Default Policy is *NONE* - no scanning, i.e. deliver as is, if not matching the above group query.

Here comes 2nd new requirement

Policy 2- Outgoing. Default Policy - scan ALL outgoing messages. Repaired *any* virus message. (or drop attachment if unrepairable).

Can I do two default policy? 1 for incoming and 1 for outgoing?

PS. Yes, I love to have a 2nd pair of ironport for outgoing sole purpose, but i can't right now.

Thanks.
Chris

Hi Chris,

That should be no problem, as you have different policies for incoming and outgoing.

So if you change the default outgoing policy it will only affect mails going out and not mails coming in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: