Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 not showing in Ciscoview

Hi,

I have ciscoview 6.1.8 with lms 3.1. I upgraded 3.1 from 3.0 & 3.0.1 But from the begining I am not able to see the chassis view of 6509.

Pls advise

Thanks

Sachi

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Package Device Update for the Catalyst 6000 series? To do this, follow the User Guide steps, excerpted here:

"Step 1 From the Common Services tab in the CiscoWorks LMS Portal, select Software Center > Device Update.

The Device Updates page appears.

Step 2 Select the check box corresponding to the product for which you want to check for updates and click Check for Updates."

I assume that the RME etc. functionality is working with your 6509(s), so we are not dealing with a reachability, credentials or transport protocol issue here.

Everything else is working fine.

Device package is there. Even I tried deleting the existing package tomcat & copied again from psu thinking that the package might curropted but still its not working.

Thanks

Sachi

Hi All,

Can anybody pls advise why I am not able to see 6509 in the cisco view.

Thanks

Sachi

CCOintIPS
Level 1
Level 1

I also had this problem with packages Cat6000.zip. Cat6000IOS.zip installed. Then I tried to update devices automaticaly and noticed that despite those packages CiscoView also needs CVGenericPackage.zip to be installed. Try this hopefully it will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: