Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with DSP

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have a problem in router c3825 that it has a two DSP modules, PVDM2-64 (5510).

I uses resources for transcoding and conferencing, the problems is in the transcoding.

After a long time doing troubleshooting, we could see that one DSP, exactly the DSP number 2 with the channel 1, it isn't working correctly, it isn't doing the transcoding, but the others DSP are right.

Is it possible that i shutdown only one DSP of all them?

Thnaks for all.

A greeting.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There may be hidden commands to do thta, but most likely it's bug in IOS or DSP FW.

What are you running at the moment ?

I'm running c3825-spservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7.bin IOS version.

Don't worry, we have restart the router and we have observed that the DSP number 2 is broken or malfunction.

We will have to change the DSP module.

Thanks for all.

A greeting.

Hi,

Yes, there are some hidden commands to do this, but they are not reliable enough to use outside of testing purposes. They have a higher chance of making the problem worse, which is why they're hidden and not for use in production.

Now that you've narrowed it down to a single DSP it may be hardware or software. If you reload the router and the same DSP has problems, it's probably hardware, but you may want to test 3-4 times to be sure.

Otherwise if you do this and it happens on another DSP it's a bug. Which IOS are you on? If you do a 'show voice dsp detail | i !" do you get anything?

-nick

See the message above of your.

Thanks for all.

A greeting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: