Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC can't login, SIP problem?

mikeduffy13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So I have everything setup correctly (I believe) in CUPS and on CUCM. I am unable to login to CUPC. Everything is licensed and devices are created, but I think my issue is with the LDAP auth, or the actual SIP trunk. In CUPS I can view all of the users in our network, so I believe that LDAP directory is working. When I run the troublehshooter, the only error I get is with the SIP Publish Trunk:

"Verify SIP Publish Model The Troubleshooter has encountered an internal error on this test The Troubleshooter was unable to perform this test due to an internal error "

12 Replies 12

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Check that the destination of the SIP trunk on CUCM is a valid IP address and restar CUPS services. Then run the troubleshooter again.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks! So I did have to modify the address on the SIP trunk on the CUCM side. That problem is now fixed when running the troubleshooter. Problem is, I still can't login to CUPC...

Hi!

Do you get any error message when trying to login?

Check the LDAP configuration and profile configuration under Application->CUPC.

You are probably not authenticating properly to the LDAP server. Make sure your OU is correct and the Bind Distinguished Name too.

This is usually the administrator account, for example:

Go to Application --> Cisco Unified Personal Communicator --> LDAP Profile.

-Click Add New.

-Enter in a name for the profile.

-Enter in a Bind Distinguished Name (DN), this is usually the administrator account.

*Note: DN format example,

cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com

-Enter the password for the Bind DN account.

-Enter the search context for where users are located.

*Note: usually, cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com

-Select the Primary LDAP Server.

-Click Save.

Example:

ou=CUCM,dc=namecucm,dc=local

You can run a packet capture filtered for LDAP on the machine with CUPC to see what credentials are passed to the LDAP server.

Also try restarting the syncagent on CUPS specially if you recently changed the user's password.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

SIP trunk has nothing to do with user login.

If you cannot log into CUPC, you should try the following:

1) On CUPS command line, restart Cisco Tomcat with command "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

2) If still not able to login, on CUPS serviceability web page, restart "Cisco UP Sync Agent" service.

For more tech tips, take a look at http://htluo.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

Michael

Cool! Restarting Tomcat worked for login. Now I just have to troubleshoot server health issues since it can't connect to presence when logged in...

Doing some packet captures, the only sip messages I can see are REGISTER and 401 unauthorized. Does the sip authorization have something to do with the digest credentials for each user?

The easiest solution is to add an "all" incoming ACL to the CUPS server. On CUPS 7.x, it's under System > Security > Incoming ACL.

For a detailed explanation of digest credential, please see: http://htluo.blogspot.com/2009/01/myterious-invalid-crdential-on-cupc.html

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Wonderful, that worked. I also restarted the UP Sync Service. So now I can login and Presence is seen. The only two questions I have left now that I'm at this point are 1. Why would a deskphone not be seen in a Mac client of CUPC and 2. I get busy signals when I try to initiate video calls, what would cause that?

Thanks a bunch. btw - I have checked out other posts in your blog, very helpful.

1. If the issue only happens on Mac version, I really don't know why. :(

2. You might want to check the region setting in CUCM.

CUPC use H.263/264, which the bit rate is 320k. G.711 use 64k. Make sure region setting allow the bandwidth.

Michael

1. I got the deskphone to show up on the Mac client. line assc. issue...

2. Region bw is 384. CUVA application works fine, just when I am using CUPC, vid calls get bad numbers. I'm assuming that's because I can't place any voice calls via CUPC softphone either...The video call option is grayed out is deskphone is selected.

it's a CSS issue. Check the calling search space on the UPC device. You have to reset the UPC device after you change the CSS.

Michael

yes it was. oversight on my part, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: