Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0

i.ennassiri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any solution to downgrade ACS 5.0 ENGINE to the 4.2 version?

Regards/

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Yes , this can be done.

In order to provide hardware investment protection for ACS 4.2 appliance customers, the ACS sustaining team has built and validated an ACS 4.2 image for the 1120 hardware. This will allow customers to purchase the ACS 5.0 1120 appliance and reimage for 4.2 if they are not ready to

deploy ACS 5.0. ACS 4.2 on the 1120 will have the same functionality as the ACS 4.2 Solution Engine (1113).

A DVD with this new software will begin shipping with all ACS 5.0 appliances May 4th. Customers that already have purchased the ACS 5.0 appliances can obtain the software by ordering the software kit, part

number CSACS-4.2SW1120-K9 .

Updated release notes, installation guide and RCSI are in process of being posted to Cisco.com.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5338/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Indeed I have just received the Appliance1120(ACS 5.0).but in the package I didn't find the DVD of the version 4.2. Can I dowload this Image from Cisco?

Customers that already have purchased the ACS 5.0 appliances can obtain the software by ordering the software kit, part

number CSACS-4.2SW1120-K9 .

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

I think that will take long to get this.

By the way, I want to authenticate VPN users against a Windows 2003 Server (Active Directory). How can I do that with this version of ACS 5.0 ( I noted that it's so different in comparaison with the Version 4.2).

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: