cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday Greeting Prompts

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I know this is simple but for some reason the answer is not coming to me. I have my holiday's programmed into the system and have re-recorded the Holiday wav file for Memorial Day. However, I can't figure out where to go to change the Script Parameters. Basically I want it to go to a specific extension by pressing 0, etc.

Can someone guide me along here?

Thanks,

Jorge "feelin newb today"

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this through the CUE admin webpages (10.1.10.1 is the default).  Navigate to System->Scripts and select the script you wish to edit and enter the "Editor Express"  The process is pretty straight forward from there but if you need I can attach some screen shots.

View solution in original post

The same editor that I mentioned before allows you to configure which prompts are played during business afters, after hours, and on holidays.  If you would like to change which prompt is played during holiday hours just change the selection from the drop down menu.

Unfortunately you cannot edit the system default scripts in this manner.  However creating your own via the editor is a very simple and relatively quick process.  Seeing as how the system script that you are referring to is very simple I would suggest creating a new one using your desired prompts and actions and then assign this as your script to use.  This last part can be done through CCA or the CUE gui.

Yes that is exactly true!  When you mentioned at the beginning of the thread that you had rerecorded the "holiday prompt" for memorial day, that had me confused.  If you are OK with the same prompt being played on memorial day as the normal after hours prompt then you shouldn't have to change your AA at all just the system schedule.  Sorry for any confusion.

10 Replies 10

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this through the CUE admin webpages (10.1.10.1 is the default).  Navigate to System->Scripts and select the script you wish to edit and enter the "Editor Express"  The process is pretty straight forward from there but if you need I can attach some screen shots.

Ahhh, I had forgotten about the editor. Another quick question though, my client has decided that they don't want a different holiday greeting, but would rather the main auto attendant pick up during holidays. Is there a way (besides manually changing the schedule) to have the holiday greeting be my main Auto Attendant?

Thanks,

Jorge

The same editor that I mentioned before allows you to configure which prompts are played during business afters, after hours, and on holidays.  If you would like to change which prompt is played during holiday hours just change the selection from the drop down menu.

OK, now I have my aa_sbcs_v01.aef script, but I don't have an option to edit, I can just creat a new one, download or upload it. Am I missing something?

Unfortunately you cannot edit the system default scripts in this manner.  However creating your own via the editor is a very simple and relatively quick process.  Seeing as how the system script that you are referring to is very simple I would suggest creating a new one using your desired prompts and actions and then assign this as your script to use.  This last part can be done through CCA or the CUE gui.

OK, I set up the new script and I see how to program the buttons but I don't see how to create a seperate set of button options for night time. Basically we have the buttons go to certain VM extensions at night vs. directly to blast groups during the day. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jorge

Unfortunately from what I understand of your desired operation this is not possible using just CCA or the CUE editor express on the GUI.  To have both time routed AA and a custom holiday prompt (separate from the after hours or business hours prompt that is) you will need to customize your script using the Unity Express Editor application.  More information on using this can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

If you only want the time based routing I suggest using the AA_SBCS_v01 or v02 scripts that come with the software pack and editing this through the CCA Auto Attendant page.  Note these cannot be edited through the CUE pages and will treat holidays like normal after hours.  If the custom holiday prompt is important to you, you can edit these scripts using the CUE editor referenced in the above link.  The editor can be slightly complicated, but this seems to be your best option.

See this is where I am confused. I just want the system to use the night attendant which is programmed on the main attendant using AA_SBCS_v02 to come on Monday during memorial day, which has been set in my holiday schedule. My understanding is that on Monday the system will see that a holiday is slated and will play the Holiday greeting.

It doesn't make any sense why I can't easily change the holiday greeting to be the same as the night greeting. YOu mention in the thread that by using v02 Holday's will be treated as normal after hours, does that mean that the same greeting that plays during the after hours will play on Monday when there is a scheduled holiday? If so then I shouldn't need to change anything.

Yes that is exactly true!  When you mentioned at the beginning of the thread that you had rerecorded the "holiday prompt" for memorial day, that had me confused.  If you are OK with the same prompt being played on memorial day as the normal after hours prompt then you shouldn't have to change your AA at all just the system schedule.  Sorry for any confusion.

Not a problem at all, thank you for clarifying for me. Looks like we are good to go :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: