Replies

CISCO ipcc - call fail

alanc3141592654
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have an agent in a contact centre that got the following error message

"CTI Warning: The call has failed for an unknown reason."

They use CTI Toolkit Agent Desktop, in unified contact centre enterprise.

I checked the agent logs and got the following. Has anyone come across anything similar?

05/18/09 11:23:25.175 3400 CTIOSSoftphone Thd(2524) CCtiOsSession::OnEvent, (EventCause:65535 EnablementMask:0xbc0002

UniqueObjectID:call.5000.34609636.1527 CallStatus:6

MessageID:eCallFailedEvent ErrorMessage:The call has failed for an unknown

reason. ICMEnterpriseUniqueID:icm.149156.1505

DeviceUniqueObjectID:device.5000.1527)

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Check if this agent is running anything different on their system than an agent that is not seeing these events (anti-virus, security app, etc.). Is auto answer enabled at the agent desk setting or on CallManager?

Hi,

We are getting this error as well and we can reproduce it at will.

Its not a client side issue, as the problem occurs on the productino system,

but not on the test environment, and I have tested with the same client / PC.

The CTIOS client output is the Same as Alan's extract above.

----

UniqueObjectID:call.5006.50409388.58885 CallStatus:6
     MessageID:eCallFailedEvent ErrorMessage:The call has failed for an unknown
     reason. ICMEnterpriseUniqueID:icm.149552.249
     DeviceUniqueObjectID:device.5006.58885)

----

The popup with the "The call has failed for an unknown reason" occurs when

the CVP RONO timeout expires and the CVP takes the back from the desktop.

Any ideas on why this error / popup is occuring?

It would not seem to be a software build issue since the test and production versions are running the same versions

ICM 7.5.7 ES1, CVP 7.0(2), CCM7.1, CTIOS 7.5.6

Gerry.

Is your CVP RONA configured correctly?

The Agent Desk Settings RNA timer should be adjusted to make the agent not ready a couple of seconds before the CVP SIP RNA timer kicks it. This then causes a router requery.  You configure your Queue to SG to support Requery, and push the call back through the Q2SG and then kick up the priority as it comes out and you play the greeting. Excuse me if you know all this.

It's just that I have RONA working with CAD (I know - you are using CTIOS) and never saw any error messages.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

Thanks for the response. ICM Agent Desktop RONO were all configured correctly, so it was not an issue with the Agent Desktop RONA not getting triggered.

I am using H323 and I have found a fix for it, which also fixes an issue where ICM reports were marking calls as abandoned instead of as RONA.

When setting the CVP voice browser H323 RONATimeout you now (as of version 7) need to include an "*:" before the timeout value.

Example config

"SetRNATimeout *:20"

Gerry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: