Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL certificate issue on ACE.

sumaiyausa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I use SSL certificates on two contexts?

more info: I have already configured one context and its using the ssl certificate and working fine. Now I have configure another context with 2 serverfarm and when i apply the same ssl certificates its not working. Only the first context working fine.

I want to know can we use the same ssl certificate on two context if yes how?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sum.

3 Replies 3

jecahuao
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sum, normally a certificate is associated with only one Common Name (CN), which is the FQDN or ip address of the host. Unless you have a cert that supports multiple sites, like a wildcard certificate, a cert would work fine with only one VIP.

jc

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sum,

the ACE would not have a problem using the same certificate.

However, your client browser might complain that the certificate does not match the server name.

Could you clarify what is not working ?

Do you have a sniffer trace ?

Gilles.

Hi Giles,

Thanks for te update. The problem I am facing is:-I have 2 SSL certificates on my ACE and I have also configured 2 server farms (farm1 and farm2)each associated with ssl certificate, now the problem i am facing is when we access the farm2 serverfarm we are issued the certificate of farm1 wereas i need to be getting the certificate from the farm2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sum

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: