cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Phone Configuration Issue

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

I tried searching for a thread on this, but couldn't come up with the right combination of search topics...

I had two phones (a 7971 & 7975) yesterday morning that showed as registered in Communications Manager 4.1(3)sr5d, however, they had no soft-keys, or extensions on them. I was able to reset them from CUCM, but otherwise they were paperweights...

I looked for config files (thinking it was a corrupt config file) on my Pub & Sub, but didn't find anything in c:\program files\Cisco\TFTPPath

I tried deleting the phone and re-adding it, but it didn't help, so I ended up deleting the phone and extension from CUCM, and then re-adding them to finally fix it. It seems like the problem followed the extension, because I was able to put that extension on a different phone and reproduce the problem.

So, I was hoping someone here would have an idea what happened, and how to proceed in the future...

Thanks for the help...

2 Replies 2

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

Not too sure if this would help but try this.

On the callmanager Go to Route Plan-->Route Plan Report

on the left drop down menu choose for unassigned dn and put the extension which you think is the problem.

If you find any unassigned dn with that extension you can safely delete that and check if it fixes the problem

I had checked for an unassigned dn, and there wasn't one...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: