RME Databases SyslogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db & SyslogThird.db not updating

Unanswered Question

We have configured the RME to collect and analyze syslog messages from various network devices. the collector is hosted in a remote server whereas the analyzer runs in the LMS server. Due to the syslogs the size of the databases - SyslogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db & SyslogThird.db has become huge approx 10 GB which has in turn increased the memory utilization of the server to peak all the time resulting in slow performance of the LMS server.

I have been trying to drop these databases using the DBSpaceReclaimer command but could not clear all the syslog databases. At last I have re-initialized these three Syslog databases and since then I find that these new Syslog databases are not getting updated although the services are running fine and also I am able to receive emails generated due to syslog alerts.

I have learnt that the only option now is to re-initialize the RME database which will result in loss of all the data and configuration.

Pls suggest what will be the best way to resolve this issue.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.

Actions

This Discussion