cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Databases SyslogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db & SyslogThird.db not updating

connect
Level 1
Level 1

We have configured the RME to collect and analyze syslog messages from various network devices. the collector is hosted in a remote server whereas the analyzer runs in the LMS server. Due to the syslogs the size of the databases - SyslogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db & SyslogThird.db has become huge approx 10 GB which has in turn increased the memory utilization of the server to peak all the time resulting in slow performance of the LMS server.

I have been trying to drop these databases using the DBSpaceReclaimer command but could not clear all the syslog databases. At last I have re-initialized these three Syslog databases and since then I find that these new Syslog databases are not getting updated although the services are running fine and also I am able to receive emails generated due to syslog alerts.

I have learnt that the only option now is to re-initialize the RME database which will result in loss of all the data and configuration.

Pls suggest what will be the best way to resolve this issue.

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you reinit these 3 databases?

renamed the files as .backup and then copied the .db files from the directory orig and restart the service.

this pic will help understand better how i initizalized the 3 databases.

Pls help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: