cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR for traffic selection and BGP with ISP.

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where I need to load balance my specific traffic over two ADSL circuits. But on the same router I have dedicated Internet circuit which is running BGP with service provider. How can I do load balancing for specific traffic over two ADSL circuits and at the same time BGP route remains there which I am learning from ISP which is being used by other internal LAN interface for internet usage.

Internet

|

|

Fa0/0--------Router----Fa0/1

||

||

||

Two ADSL Internet

Summary:

1) Traffic from Fa0/1 will be selected for specific data and needs to be routed over two ADSL for load balancing.

2) Traffic not matching needs to be sent to some other router on Fa0/0 using set ip next hop feature of PBR.

2) Traffic from Fa0/0 will take default route from ISP using BGP.

Please suggest, I tried using two nat statements using route-maps with match interface option but that didnt seems to work. That I think is because of the fact that from internal to outside routing occurs before NAT so my traffic started taking default route of BGP which always exist in routing table.

Regards

Omair

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you looked at PBR with Recursive Next Hop? Make sure it will fit though-

The recursive next-hop IP address is installed in the routing table and can be a subnet that is not directly connected. If the recursive next-hop IP address is not available, packets are routed using a default route.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card