Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

text file for log

Hi there !

I need to create an application that does not have CSQ... It will have only a menu and a call transfer...

As I cannot monitor CSQs, I'd like to log the calls with a .txt file. Is it possible?

Here is the file format that I'd like to write.

year;month;day;hour;minutes;seconds;menu_option;calling_number

I took a look in write document step, but I did not find how to write a variable with this information inside the .txt file.

Thanks.

Andrei.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Andrei,

There are a couple of other ways to perform this logging if you don't want to write a text file. One way would be to create dummy skill groups (???_Option1,etc.), use the select resource step, when the call is queued just dequeue the call and perform the transfer. You would then use the historical reporting tool to report on those calls.

If you decide that you want to use the text file then you can use the create document step and write document step. Use the create step to pull the current text document into a variable, append the new data to the varible, then use the write step to write it back to the server. The problem you will run into here is when multiple callers call in at the same time. You may end up trying to read and write the document at the same time and data may be lost.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

villarrealed
Level 1
Level 1

Andrei,

There are a couple of other ways to perform this logging if you don't want to write a text file. One way would be to create dummy skill groups (???_Option1,etc.), use the select resource step, when the call is queued just dequeue the call and perform the transfer. You would then use the historical reporting tool to report on those calls.

If you decide that you want to use the text file then you can use the create document step and write document step. Use the create step to pull the current text document into a variable, append the new data to the varible, then use the write step to write it back to the server. The problem you will run into here is when multiple callers call in at the same time. You may end up trying to read and write the document at the same time and data may be lost.

Here is one thing that I wanted to do and now you answered me....

The Dequeue step before the call transfer !

I think this can solve my problem, and then I'll be able to use Historical Reports.

Thanks a lot.

Andrei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: