Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Ranges in Different Time Zones

I have two access policies on my Ironport for out-of-hours web browsing. One is for the Head Office in Brisbane (GMT+10), the other for an office in Adelaide (GMT+9.5). I set the brisbane Time Range to the Brisbane TmeZone (same as the Appliance) and the Adelaide one to the Adelaide TimeZone. The times I put in each Time Range were local to that location.

Brisbane: Brisbane TimeZone 12:00 - 14:00
Adelaide: Adelaide Time Zone 12:00 - 14:00

Brisbane worked fine but Adelaide did not. I had to put the Adelaide policy onto Brisbane Time Zone and manually adjust the timings to Brisbane Time.

Brisbane: Brisbane TimeZone 12:00 - 14:00
Adelaide: Brisbane Time Zone 12:30 - 14:30

It means when Daylight Savings starts and finishes, I will need to manually change.

Why didnt the Adelaide local time of 12:00-14:00 work with the Adelaide Time Zone selected?

3 Replies 3

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Divconit,

I have not heard of this problem before. What version of the WSA are you running on? I'd like to re-create your setup in our lab and see if I yield the same results.

Hi Josh

I have
Model: S160
Version: 5.6.2-102 for Web

For the policies, I didn;t use the 'timezone of the appliance' but specifically used Brisbane or Adelaide. The timezone of the Ironport is Brisbane (GMT+10).

Cheers

Brett

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Divconit,

You may want to try upgrading to the latest 5.6.4 code. I beleive there were some changes to the time based policies made in this version. It is the lates public GA release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: