Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2009

I have users taking phones home and working remotely. However, if they dial 911 they will not get their local police, they will receive the police for the office location. I am aware of Device Mobility but that won't help home users. Is there any paraphenalia out there like a disclaimer to give to these users who can't use 911 or stickers warning of this to put on the phones?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
htluo Thu, 05/21/2009 - 07:39

There's no technology can solve this problem, unless you configured each remote user with dedicated subnets and use CER (Cisco Emergency Responder).

I think the most practical way would be print out some labels and stick it to the phone.

donnaavila Thu, 05/21/2009 - 07:45

I am not looking for technology, but perhaps I am not wording this correctly. Does anyone use a disclaimer to their end users, maybe it's the type of verbage that I am looking for, who may be in a similiar situation.

safety2008 Thu, 05/21/2009 - 07:47

We did use a disclaimer form, that they had to SIGN, for our teleworker group stating 911 calls be made from thier home phone.

donnaavila Thu, 05/21/2009 - 07:50

Did you have your legal department draw this up or is there a generic form that I can obtain from a vendor?

This Discussion