Views
Helpful
Replies

shared lines on CME

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,,

Here,s the deal. I have a user with CME. His secretary has 7940 (ephone 1 in config) and ATA (ephone 24) with one shared line (ephone-dn 1). ATA has Panasonic cordless on its port

They want both 7940 and Panasonic to ring simultaneously. This works fine except when the phone that is answered is Panasonic. Then the other incoming call doesn't ring on 7940 (I know this is expected behaveour), I only get Call Waiting indication on Panasonic. Customer wants that second incoming call rings on 7940. I tried with two DNs with different preferences, but the second call never goes to the second DN since it doesn't return busy signal, but Call Waiting. I tried to switch off Call Waiting on Panasonic but with no luck. Any suggestions how to set this up?

Here is the configuration:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 300

ephone 1

mac-address 0023.5E18.A736

type 7940

button 1:1

ephone 24

mac-address 0024.14B2.3DA1

type ata

button 1:1

regards,

Goran Pilat

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try the following:

ephone-dn 1 (no dual-line)

number 300

no huntstop

huntstop channel

ephone-dn 2 (no dual-line)

number 300

preference 1

huntstop channel

ephone 1

mac-address 0023.5E18.A736

type 7940

button 1c1,2

ephone 24

mac-address 0024.14B2.3DA1

type ata

button 1c1,2

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your suggestion. However I can't make it without dual-lines because in that case AFAIK you cannot do the transfer, right? Since this is secretary, she has to be able to handle the transfers.

i will try it out anyway..

bye

Goran

Goran,

You would still be able to perform transfers using the second line.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your suggestion. However I can't make it without dual-lines because in that case AFAIK you cannot do the transfer, right? Since this is secretary, she has to be able to handle the transfers.

bye

Goran

Hi Brandon,

bye

Goran

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brandon gave you the classical overlaid lines workaround for shared DNs, that should work fine, excpet that you have to keep the lines as dual-line. No huntstop channel and preference will take care of selecting them in the right order.

The alternative is that you upgrade to cme 7.0, configure octo-line DN, that will ring a second and further calls on all phones sharing the DN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: