cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.0: Cannot activate critical services

c.registration
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up Unity Connection 7.0 in VMWare (lab environment) and the critical services such as Conversation Manager cannot be activated. Activation status simply says deactivated and there is no button to activate in Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability. I'm running with demo licensing. Could this be a VMWare issue or am I missing something?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

chweeks
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried rebooting the virtual machine? In the Unity Connection 7 lab testing that I have done, I often see that the machine will fail to start all of its services the first time the virtual machine boots up.

Try rebooting it.

Also, how much memory have you allocated for the virtual machine?

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi c.registration,

Are you using DNS resolution?

This maybe a DNS/IP Connectivity issue at hand.

Regards,

Justin

a.pawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having same problem in the Lab. Did you manage to resolve your issue? What was the resolution?

Cheers

Ati

Hi all -

I know this is way old, but perhaps will help someone!  I had this same problem occur for Unity Connection 7.1 running on VMWare in lab.  Serviceability web page showed all critical services deactivated, but when I checked via the CLI - utils services list; everything showed Running status OK.  I finally, after rebooting the VM machine and attempting a UC restart via CLI, checked Bug Toolkit.  And there it was - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd31601&from=summary

It keeps me humbled and reminds me to check all our resources :-)

Best wishes! Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Hope life is treating you well my friend

Thanks for posting this up (+5). I'm sure that this will really help

someone down the road, so it's very kind of you to follow-up with

this info.

Cheers!

Rob