Unity Voicemail 5x can Call Handler transfer direct to VM?

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2009

This enables a end user or operator with a 7941 phone to do a Transfer *XXXX Transfer and send caller direct to Voicemail.

Transferring Calls Directly to Voice Mail with Cisco CallManager

Trying to think how in Unity 5x/7x Voicemail Only we can have menu option in CallHandler under Opening Greeting that doesn't ring phone but transfers direct to voicemail. I don't have Unity box in front of me to see what options are in web/sa.

Thank you for calling Acme Supply. Press 2 to leave a message for an associate.

2. Enter the associates extension (trying to avoid having them enter *XXXX) <- Send to Greeting for this person without ringing phone

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Thu, 05/21/2009 - 09:14

That behavior is configured depending on the transfer settings of destination (call handler, subscriber, etc)

You have

a) send directly to VM

b) ring the subscriber extension

c) ring subscriber at this extension (which you assume is different from the subscriber's configured extension)

The behavior is different if you use the *XXXX method.

In your case you need to configure the call transfer settings to go directly to VM.

if this helps, please rate

Bradford Magnani Thu, 05/21/2009 - 09:19

With that configuration, any time a call is transferred off any Call Handler (Opening Greeting for example) by the caller entering a user's extension, it's going to always forward to their greeting.

Bottom line is, if you set the Call Transfer setting on these subscribers, any incoming transfer is going to go to their voice mail greeting, regardless of whether it comes from Opening Greeting, or Acme Call Handler, etc.

You may need to restrict caller input on call handlers you don't want people to enter extensions during to avoid this type of situation.

This Discussion