cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 OB pots dial peer selection

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

H323 with multiple PRI's. Multiple tenants are sharing GW. Need to configure outbound pots dial peer so that correct one is matched based on tenant. Would this be answer address? Thanks

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Do you have the classical link examples already ?

No, I do not. Is there a link I can reference? thanks

Thanks for your input, but I'm still missing something. Only concerned with outbound calling, and I have a PRI, so i dont care which channel it uses. I can see where the doc suggests to use translation patterns to append a fake digit, and then use that as the destination-pattern. I also match on destination for LD and Intl calls. (91, and 9011). How do I combine both? Sorry for the legnth explanation.

A couple of options:

Match an incoming dial peer on answer address and apply an incoming translation pattern to prepend an access code for that caller id. Then on the pots destination pattern explicitly state the access code, and since it's a pots dial peer it will be stripped.

The more complicated option is to use corlists. Match the incoming dial peer with answer address against the caller ID, apply an incoming cor list, and then have the dial peer with an appropriate outgoing corlist.

Alternatively, and with less scalability, you can have each of your customers send you a different access code from their systems, and it's much easier for you.

-nick

You could create a translation pattern for each tenant so that calls from tenant A are sent to a TP which inserts 1 infront of the dial number, Tenant B adds 2, Tenant C adds a 3 and so on. In the H323 create a dial-peer based upon each TP 19011, 29011, 39011 etc and assign that to each PRI???

If you have a call logging system be aware of the translations as now the 1,2,3 will appear in the CDR output another way is add the 1,2,3 in a Route Group that way they will not a appear

In either case you need to create a partition for each tenant so to force them to use the TP for them or Route List, Group

hope it helps

Thanks. I'm understand everything you mentioned, I'll be matching the outbound pots dial peer with the corresponding TP. What I am having trouble with is understanding if I have to modify the route patterns. They are already divided by DP, partition, CSS,RL, etc.

I got it figured out. Once I reread the document, and figured out I had my TP in the wrong direction (outgoing vs incoming), things are working . Thanks all for your help

Very good, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

One thing I cant think through, is why I dont have to change any route patterns. I know I am not physically changing the dialed number dialed from the phone, but through the TP, I am. Thanks

Because with h.323 the router can have "intelligence" and whatever setting you have on the CCM doesn't matter.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: