Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express 2.1 LDAP Question

tiago.moreira
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to configure LDAP "sync" between the MeetingPlace Express and my company's AD.

Is there any way to configure 2 different domains in User Base?

e.g. DC=company1,DC=com and DC=company2,DC=com

Thanks in advance...

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Do you mean you are configuring LDAP in your CUCM server? MPE then uses the integration with CUCM and LDAP. It sounds like you may have two distinct trees in your AD forest? Or do you have an empty root above company 1 and company 2 you could use? In the case of a Microsoft AD forest that encompasses multiple trees, some additional considerations apply. Because a single LDAP search base cannot cover multiple namespaces, Unified CM must use a different mechanism to authenticate users across these discontiguous namespaces - which is the universal principal name (UPN). This link covers in detail - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045381

Look at the Additional Considerations section.

Ginger

Not really, I'm trying to configure this on MeetingPlace. I'm syncing directly to the AD trough LDAP. But I need to sync it with two different trees.

In the MPE I can configure to sync with one tree but I wanted to sync with 2 trees simultaneously.

Do you know if it's possible?

Thanks...

Hi -

We're using the same version and I checked my configuration. The only way you can configure an external directory via LDAP is to select CallManager 4.X. If you select CallManager 5.X/6.X, these fields get greyed out and you select the AXL parameters instead. Are you using CallManager 4.X? If so, the LDAP search base will be your domain as you indicated. But it does not appear you can code more than one search base here.

Ginger

Yes...I configured using Call Manager 4.x so I could use external directory.

I guess it's not possible to configure more than one search base.

I was hoping that someone could have the same situation.

does your CUCM have LDAP sync & Auth?

if so, enable axl from MPE to cucm

Yes...I'm using CUCM 7 to sync with company's AD.

So I'm trying a different approach: Let's suppose I have synchronization between "company1" tree and CUCM. I want to sync "company2" but only to use Meeting Place resources. Is it possible to configure the CUCM to sync with DC=company2,DC=com but only to use those users in MeetingPlaceExpress?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: