Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Logical Interfaces

aeryilmaz
Level 1
Level 1

ASA 5520

Multiple Context

I have an "Admin" and a second context named "simA." I've created a logical interface and allocated that interface to "simA" However, I cannot get any traffic to/from that interface and I'm seeing input errors on the switchport. The switchport is configured to trunk.

What am I missing? Attached ASA and switchport configs.

From the system space, ping to the default gw IP is successful. However, from the context it fails

lab-asa1# ping 192.168.100.1

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.100.1, timeout is 2 seconds:

!!!!!

Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/2/10 ms

lab-asa1# ch cont simA

lab-asa1/simA# ping 192.168.100.1

Type escape sequence to abort.

Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.100.1, timeout is 2 seconds:

?????

Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

Many thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The input packet drops may be due to exceeding VC's, No route to destination prefix, Incomplete ARP entry, Configured policy of an ACL

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the native VLAN on the switch port FA 0/4?

Also post the admin-context configuration. And the 'show arp' output on the gateway device 192.168.100.1 immediately after pinging it from the ASA SIMA context.

Thirdly, you allocated GigabitEthernet0/2 to the context, but in the system context you defined a sub-interface for the same?

Regarding the input drops, check any speed/duplex issues between the two interfaces also. 'show interface'

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card