Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP resources requirement

bhalchandrarane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a pvdm2-64 card installed in my 2851 router it has one vwic2-1mft-e1/t1 card which i am using for voice as a E1 link.

I have configured a hardware conferencing bridge with max session of 4 and max transcoding session of 2.

Plz let me know with this configuration how many g729 conference can work and how many participant can a conference can have.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi Nicmatth

Thanks for your reply

I am trying to open the page but it is not taking my user id and password.

Can you plz let me now is there any alternate .

Thanks

If you was to buy a support contract for the router you could access that tool and many more.

It's close to impossible to professionally support cisco products without customer-level CCO access.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You did not specify the product you are using it with i.e. CallManager, CallManager Express, and if CME then what version?

4 conference bridges allow for 4 concurrent conferences with up to 8 participants in each (if you have correct version of CME).

Please post your entire config so we can tell you how many of them can be g729 as that depends on specifying G729 under conference bridge or using Xcoder instead. But since you have 4 sessions I am assuming you have 2 DSPs allocated to conferencing which means G729 is listed as the codec, so all of the conferenncees can be G729.

HTH,

Chris

hattingh
Level 1
Level 1

If you configured the conf profile to have 4 sessions, then you can have 4 concurrent conferences. Each conf can have up to 8 participants generally. In newer releases of SW (12.4.15T and later with CLI) you could have up to 16 participants per conf (for G.729/G.711) or up to 32 per conf (G.711 only).

How much exactly you can get out of a PVDM2-64 will depend on the entire config. If you have no E1 channels configured and just the conf/xcod profiles, and the conf/xcod are for G.729 and G.711, then:

1) xcoding will take 1 DSP out of the running

2) conf can use the remaining 3 DSPs which could do one of:

- 6 confs of up to 8 participants each

- 3 confs of up to 16 participants each

CH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: