cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing user without deleting the voicemail box (unity 5.0)

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to change the user in the unity without deleting the voicemail box?

We just have a new user for this mailbox/extension and want to keep the same profile but need to deliver it to a different user.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using the ADUC you can deassociate the mailboxes from the users and associate a different exchange mailbox thru the Exchange Admin. You can create the users and then swap the mailboxes between them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java,

So there is no way to deassociate the exchange mailbox from the ext. (subscribers) in the unity without deleting the mailbox. I just want to have this ext. xxxx mailbox to have a different user.

Or i guess i dont understand what you said above.

you CAN de-associate the mailbox via ADUC, if you need to re-associate that's done via the Exchange Admin

HTH

java

HTH

java

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sienz,

If you hire John who needs extension 100 but 100 is taken by Sally already, you can change Sally's extension to something else in Unity and give John her extension 100. That way, all calls going to 100 will now go to John and Sally's messages will still get delivered to her inbox, but her extension will no longer be 100.

Is this what you're trying to accomplish? It'd be easier if you explain exactly your scenario so it's easier for us to help you.

Hope that helps,

Brad

First, Thank you all for your help

Sorry for the confusion.

Here is what I try to accomplish

So ext. 1000 was used to be John's. John is no longer with the company. I want to assign this ext. 1000 to Mike but I don't want to delete ext. 1000 profile/subs in the unity. This ext. 1000 was a functional account (receptionist) but currently it is delivered to John's. Can we do that?

Now:

First Name: John

Last Name: Doe

Display name: John Doe

Extension: 1000

I want it to be (without deleting the unity profile)

First Name: Mike

Last Name: Smith

Display name: Mike Smith

Extension: 1000

Yes, you can make the changes in SAWeb to reflect Mike Smith's information on that account. However, you can't do anything about the old alias field (jdoe).

The user alias will still remain jdoe in AD/Exchange but the First Name, Last Name and Display Name will get updated with Mike Smith when you make the change in SAWeb.

This sounds that you don't really mind it being that way, but it sure could get confusing if you do a search and the alias shows jdoe, but the actual display name is Mike Smith... it may be more of an administrative headache in the long run if you have a lot of people going in and out.

Hope that clarifies,

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: