cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using COR to Limit a lobby phone attached to an FXS port

presgargary
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lobby phone that is attached to an FXS port and want to use COR to limit the user to internal, 911 and local calling. Basically block LD. How do I attach the COR list to the FXS port? The examples attach it to an ephone-dn.

6 Replies 6

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Configure your FXS ports to be controlled by CME using SCCP protocol.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

yes, Andrian is right! you can use COR list with call manager express.COR is similar to CSS in CUCM. So it depends on your options.

hth

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

You need to convert the FXS port to a SCCP phone and then you should be able to add the COR list to the EPHONE-DN and then add the DN to the EPHONE(FXS).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html

I will give it a try and then post my config. Thanks very much for the direction.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you had asked this already.

It is not necessary to configure SCCP to limit calls from an FXS port.

The simpler method is to apply a voice translation-profile that rejects calls to blocked prefixes.

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't asked this question before, but used a translation on the calling number and assigned it to the outbound LD dial-peer. It works great. Thanks all. I want to try to get the sccp to work, I already have it running for rsources.

Gary

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: