cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using COR to Limit a lobby phone attached to an FXS port

presgargary
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lobby phone that is attached to an FXS port and want to use COR to limit the user to internal, 911 and local calling. Basically block LD. How do I attach the COR list to the FXS port? The examples attach it to an ephone-dn.

6 Replies 6

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Configure your FXS ports to be controlled by CME using SCCP protocol.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

yes, Andrian is right! you can use COR list with call manager express.COR is similar to CSS in CUCM. So it depends on your options.

hth

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

You need to convert the FXS port to a SCCP phone and then you should be able to add the COR list to the EPHONE-DN and then add the DN to the EPHONE(FXS).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/fxs/configuration/guide/fxssccpsplmft.html

I will give it a try and then post my config. Thanks very much for the direction.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you had asked this already.

It is not necessary to configure SCCP to limit calls from an FXS port.

The simpler method is to apply a voice translation-profile that rejects calls to blocked prefixes.

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't asked this question before, but used a translation on the calling number and assigned it to the outbound LD dial-peer. It works great. Thanks all. I want to try to get the sccp to work, I already have it running for rsources.

Gary