Level 1

can anyone pls help me with this...as pvm is not generating any report

is PVM 1.0.2 compatible with NAM version 4.0

??

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, only NAM code up to 3.6 is supported by PVM. PVM is currently in sustaining mode, and no new features are planned. Your sales team can work with the NAM/PVM product teams to help decide on a multi-NAM management course of action.

thanks for your quick response.

But we already have version 4.0 installed in our PVM. Please help us with this. We will be in big trouble if we don't get our PVM working...

There is nothing that can be done except to move back to NAM 3.6 with PVM 1.0.2.3. The latest information I have found from development is that PVM will never support NAM 4.0.

Hi Joe,

pls tell me how can i open Product Enhancement Request (PER) or where will i get Product Enhancement Request (PER) tool.

also pls tell me if it is chargeable or its free.....

let me know if you have any additional info.....

You need to contact your SE or account manager. Only they can open a PERS on your behalf. That said, the info I have says that they should probably contact the PVM marketing team as there may be some other solutions for you.

Opening a PERS request is free. The idea is the account teams builds a business case for your needs, and presents that to the product team.

Thanks Joe

You are always very helpful to me.....

Sorry to bother you once again.

I understand opening PERS request is free, but just a doubt in my mind, if Cisco agrees to develop a patch for NAM 4.0 and PVM compatibility, will they charge me ? as i would require to have prior approval before proceeding any further to opening a PERS.

will there be anything chargeable , or everything free of cost at this level ?

Pls provide me with the inputs at the earliest.

I can't answer that. I cannot say for certain what the outcome will be, or even if the PERS will be implemented.

Hi

A brief about the issue i am facing :

We have configured the NAM and its working fine, but here whenever i am activating a switchport on my Cisco 6509 Switch. and adding a description on it ...the description doesn't comes up on my NAM automatically.....i need to reboot the NAM module to take the description...

for eg : Switchport Gi 4/2 has description "Live Development Machine" but same never reflects while i try to add Reports in NAM...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: