Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS domain name change?

mladenp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to change domain name of server which runs LMS 3.1 (not hostname but domain part of FQDN). Hostnamechange.pl script is only for hosname, right? What I should do ?

Regards,

Mladen

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CiscoWorks uses the host name, as opposed to the IP address or DNS FQDN, for most name-related dependencies. So, nothing should need to be done to the CiscoWorks installation on the server per se. If you are integrated with external servers (ACS or OpenView, for example), those specifics may need to be modified.

One changes the IP address of the server in the usual way, depending on whether the installation is on Solaris or Windows. The server's domain name is, of course, even less involved as the change is typically done only on the DNS server.

You may need to change the typical host-based files (/etc/hosts on Solaris or the IP config on Windows) depending on how you have configured the host's domain name - i.e. via a static config or via DHCP.

Of course, any client-based shortcuts or bookmarks would need to be updated. You could enter a forwarder record in DNS to simplify that.

OK, thanks.

Mladen