cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not Ready Status Changes

kristaciccozzi
Level 1
Level 1

I have been told by our internal Cisco experts that there is no way to change a Not Ready status code from one reason to another without first going on Ready. Is this absolutely true?

Here is the problem: Agent is working on Not Ready "Research" as defined in our system. 20 minutes later it is time for agent to take a break. Agent needs to switch to Not Ready "Break" as defined in our system but must first go on Ready to switch. A call is waiting and gets sent to him as soon as he goes on Ready. This creates a problem with our scheduling because now he is stuck on the phone or we create a customer satisfaction issue by transitioning the call to someone else.

Can you please tell me if there is another solution?

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whoever told you this was correct.

How about having agent logout with logout reason code when going on break?

Chris

Good suggestion.

Regards,

Geoff

This would work potentially for Break or Lunch, but we are trying to track non-phone activities and time that is spent in these activities for many reasons:

Meeting

Research

Documentation

Supervisor

RMA Testing

Etc

Someone may go from Documentation to supervisor or from Research to Documentation. We want to accurately reflect the amount of time being spent in these activities and have reports that break down these codes for us. But with not being able to go from one to to another without going on ready first, it is a deterrent to the agents to actually choose the correct code thus making our reports more inaccurate.

While on the last call before changing to not ready, the agent can go into after-call work (say work not ready), then when the customer drops, they cannot get a routed call and have time to accurately consider which of the correct "not ready" states to choose.

Regards,

Geoff

What do you mean by after-call work? Are you saying that would be a Not Ready code? We have a 45 second after work timer for after they hang up with a customer and they can choose the appropriate Not Ready code in that situation.

The problem I am having is not from a call to Not Ready but from one Not Ready to another without having to go on Ready. Does that make sense? For example, I need them to go from Not Ready "Reseach" directly to Not Ready "Documentation" I can only do this by going on Ready first which allows them to get a call.

I do understand what you desire. It does not exist and we are exploring possible workarounds. There don't seem to be any. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Well, bummer then!

Thanks, Everyone, for your help.

Krista

"The problem I am having is not from a call to Not Ready but from one Not Ready to another without having to go on Ready. Does that make sense? For example, I need them to go from Not Ready "Reseach" directly to Not Ready "Documentation" I can only do this by going on Ready first which allows them to get a call."

You'd need some kind of WFM tool to achieve the desired time-tracking. CAD cannot be used as a sophisticated time-tracking tool for non-telephony related activities unfortunately.

>CAD cannot be used as a sophisticated time-tracking tool for non-telephony related activities unfortunately.

Well said. Best not to try to hammer that square peg into a round hole.

Regards,

Geoff

is this still the case whereby we cant use CAD/CTIOS to track non-call activities?

Thanks!

-JT-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: