Unframed E1on AS5350XM

7pliapis
Level 1
Level 1

In order to run unframed E1 we need to use either one of these two cards:

AS53-4CE1+ , AS53-8CE1+

However, according to the feature navigator these cards are supported

only on the AS5300.

Are there any alternatives for the AS5350XM or the AS5400 ?

Thanks

Best regards,Pan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, the 5350 and 5400 are pure Universal Access Servers to be used together with an external router to terminate serial or other type of WAN links.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you need unframed for ? Voice circuits are always and exclusively framed.

The 5300 reference is a mistake.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

There is a need to utilise all 32 channels.

Are you saying that the AS53-4CE1+ and AS53-8CE1+ are supported on the AS5350XM ?

In any case, these cards are EOS so an alternative is still needed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iad/ps501/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd8052854b.html

Thank you

Best Regards,Pan

I think you do not understand the nature of an AX5xxx.

The E1 ports are made to be connected to PSTN in channelized mode, where a maximum of 30 channels can be used for voice, data, modem and fax.

If you need instead to connect to an unframed daya circuit, you will use instead the serial ports available on some AS5xxx with an interface converter, or use another router with native E1 interface.

Hope that makes it clear.

Hi,

What I understand is that there are no available parts that

-combine the functionality of the CE1+ cards (i.e x E1/PRI Plus High Speed Serial)

-or provide just High Speed Serials

Thanks

Regards,Pan

Correct, the 5350 and 5400 are pure Universal Access Servers to be used together with an external router to terminate serial or other type of WAN links.

Thank you for your assistance and clarifications.

Best Regards,Pan

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: