IPCC Enterprise 7.1.5 scripting question

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2009

Greetings all,

I am not the most experienced programmer in the world; We have multiple sites and a central site with one T1 where voice traffic can go to each site; I am needing to alleviate some calls from the central office and send them to an outer location. I am checking one site for how many calls are in queue, and if not enough sending to that sites script; if too many, checking the next site, and so on. My problem is, how do I limit how many calls are going over this T1 at one time?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Fri, 05/22/2009 - 09:36

The only thing I can think of is to check how many agents you are in talking state at that site. If you're getting close to 23 calls, then I would stop sending calls.

kre8or2007 Fri, 05/22/2009 - 10:22

Yea that's about all I could think of, unfortunately we have about 70 agents in one site that could be on the phone with local or WAN calls.

david.macias Fri, 05/22/2009 - 10:26

Are you sure that the T1 you're talking about is not your private network between side A and side B? If that's the case there should be no voice on that line as it's an end to end connection. Perhaps a diagram of your network might help.

kre8or2007 Fri, 05/22/2009 - 11:17

nope we have a separate point to point T1 for voice between our central site and each of our other sites, except for a DS3 to one of the bigger sites.

You "may" be able to do this with a global variable, but with multiple routes happening at the one time and multiple writes to the global, it's not very deterministic. Perhaps if you leave a bit of headroom you will cover most cases, but it's a bit funky. Better than nothing though.

Why can't you transcode down to G.729?

kre8or2007 Fri, 05/22/2009 - 12:34

I couldn't think of any way to do this with a global variable, can you expand on this?

Our requirements are for 711; that is a thought though, how many calls could I put over a T1 at 729?

kre8or2007 Wed, 05/27/2009 - 07:35

Has anyone had any luck using variables like "TalkingIn" or "Ready"

I used agents Ready >=1 and would expect that to mean if they are talking then they are not in the ready state, but the call still continues on past this point.

Also I used TalkingIn>=1 and would expect this to mean if an agent is not currently on a call then it's false but if an agent is currently on a call it's true, but it doesn't seem to be working this way.

kre8or2007 Wed, 05/27/2009 - 08:22

update -- Ready apparently includes talking agents; avail does not, so I got this part to work. I still can't get the TalkingIn to work, I am trying to look at how many agents are on a call from the skill group so I can limit the # of calls going across the circuit.

This Discussion