Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Enterprise 7.1.5 scripting question

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

I am not the most experienced programmer in the world; We have multiple sites and a central site with one T1 where voice traffic can go to each site; I am needing to alleviate some calls from the central office and send them to an outer location. I am checking one site for how many calls are in queue, and if not enough sending to that sites script; if too many, checking the next site, and so on. My problem is, how do I limit how many calls are going over this T1 at one time?

8 Replies 8

The only thing I can think of is to check how many agents you are in talking state at that site. If you're getting close to 23 calls, then I would stop sending calls.

david

Yea that's about all I could think of, unfortunately we have about 70 agents in one site that could be on the phone with local or WAN calls.

Are you sure that the T1 you're talking about is not your private network between side A and side B? If that's the case there should be no voice on that line as it's an end to end connection. Perhaps a diagram of your network might help.

david

nope we have a separate point to point T1 for voice between our central site and each of our other sites, except for a DS3 to one of the bigger sites.

You "may" be able to do this with a global variable, but with multiple routes happening at the one time and multiple writes to the global, it's not very deterministic. Perhaps if you leave a bit of headroom you will cover most cases, but it's a bit funky. Better than nothing though.

Why can't you transcode down to G.729?

Regards,

Geoff

I couldn't think of any way to do this with a global variable, can you expand on this?

Our requirements are for 711; that is a thought though, how many calls could I put over a T1 at 729?

Has anyone had any luck using variables like "TalkingIn" or "Ready"

I used agents Ready >=1 and would expect that to mean if they are talking then they are not in the ready state, but the call still continues on past this point.

Also I used TalkingIn>=1 and would expect this to mean if an agent is not currently on a call then it's false but if an agent is currently on a call it's true, but it doesn't seem to be working this way.

update -- Ready apparently includes talking agents; avail does not, so I got this part to work. I still can't get the TalkingIn to work, I am trying to look at how many agents are on a call from the skill group so I can limit the # of calls going across the circuit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: