DSP problems

Answered Question
May 22nd, 2009
User Badges:

Hello All,

Does anyone know how I can update my DSP chip to work with a 2801 router? I have a PVDM2-32 in slot 0. Upon the router bootup the PVDM2 module does not go active. when I do a show voice dsp detail, I get the error message: "in slot 0 are using non-default firmware from device flash: This is not recommended...". I have 7 other modules that boot up with no errors so I know there's no issue with my router or IOS. I read some documentation here on the Cisco website and from what I gathered I think I need some type of dsp firmware file loaded in the flash to make this work? If this is the case, can someone point to were I can find this file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Correct Answer by Nicholas Matthews about 8 years 2 months ago

Hi Eric,

Your DSPware is tied to your IOS version.

In fact, it's the exact opposite. You don't want to have any of the files (guido,hdv,dsp_c5510_flex) in flash because they will overwrite the version and that message will come up.

The message also comes up if your DSPs fail and they don't download firmware (0.0.0), and then you need to replace the hardware.

-nick

Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 8 years 2 months ago

Indeed it seems a faulty module. You do not need to load any external file neither you can reprogram or update a module.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Fri, 05/22/2009 - 12:12
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Indeed it seems a faulty module. You do not need to load any external file neither you can reprogram or update a module.

Correct Answer
Nicholas Matthews Tue, 05/26/2009 - 16:29
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Hi Eric,

Your DSPware is tied to your IOS version.

In fact, it's the exact opposite. You don't want to have any of the files (guido,hdv,dsp_c5510_flex) in flash because they will overwrite the version and that message will come up.

The message also comes up if your DSPs fail and they don't download firmware (0.0.0), and then you need to replace the hardware.

-nick

Eric.Biggie Wed, 05/27/2009 - 10:07
User Badges:

Nick,

Thanks for your reply. This makes sense. I figured it was a bad module... Oh well.

Thanks again,

Eric

Actions

This Discussion