cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Major probs with new flash in 2513

CriscoSystems
Level 5
Level 5

In trying to upgrade my 2513 to 16MB Flash, the 8MB SIMM I installed in slot1 wouldn't fit unless I turned it so the chips faced backward. I'd tried this before on other routers and usually I got the "order reversed - Flash initialization failed" message at bootup. But I didn't get that this time!

So it booted up to 12.0(8) as always, and next I set out to copy 12.2d from another router via TFTP. All looked well and good but then I got an invalid checksum error. Now the thing only comes up to (boot) mode. (The 12.0(8) imasge, once stored in slot0, is gone since Flash was erased prior to the TFTP transfer.)

I'm trying to figure out why I'd get that checksum problem with an image that boots just fine on the other router, and with the new Flash module apparently having initialized just fine (a show flash command showed 16384K ready and waiting).

This here Cisco website says IOS's TFTP client won't work for files greater than 16MB, only I've copied this 12.2d image around via TFTP plenty of times without any difficulties.

Any ideas what the problem is? Solutions?

1 Reply 1

CriscoSystems
Level 5
Level 5

Any ideas....at all, out there?