Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR functionality

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a question about SNR. We have setup a demo of 7.1 in our office. There´s one thing I can´t understand, whenever a phone is configured with snr the phone keeps on ringing until the timeout is reached, even if the snr number has answered the phone. As I have understood, this is the correct behavior, but I don´t understand why my deskphone keeps on ringing until the timeout has been reached?!?

Thanks

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are not way off. This is an enhancement to the feature that we will be looking into.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Eivind,

This is working as designed. You will likely be away from your desk while answering calls on your SNR target. If people around you complain about the ringer volume, you can turn it down.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Why doesn´t the desktop phone stop ringing when the SNR phone answers the call???

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

You can reduce the timeout lengh if you want as well, however in doing so it would mean that your Desk Phone will not ring for that long, and it will keep ringing your mobile.

Through my testing there was no idication shown that the System could detect that the Far end picked up the call, so it continues to ring the Desk Phone as a backup measure (<<< I am assuming this is the case), i just made the time out less and if i missed the call on the Desk Phone i just used the Mobility button to pick the call up to avoid it being picked up on the Mobile.

It would make sense though for the system to see if the call was picked up by the far end and then end the ringing, i cant see this as being a technically challange thing to do as it is almost working in bridge mode anyway, the system should be able to see if the SNR Number went to answer or not and then close the bridge, but i guess this would require some re-writing of the feature.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Okay,

So this is what I´ve tested. Once you call the desktop phone, my mobile phone starts ringing after X seconds, if I answer my mobile, the desk phone keeps on ringing until the timeout (that´s configured) is reached. After the timeout my desk phone puts the call on hold and I get a softkey which I can press to "pull back" the call to my desk phone. So the UC is able to detect that the call has been answered on my mobile, so it should be possible to get my desk phone to stop ringing after I answer my mobile as well, that´s my thoughts on this matter anyways. Or am I way off on this one???

Thanks,

Eivind

You are not way off. This is an enhancement to the feature that we will be looking into.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Thanks for your update

Regards

Eivind

Is this enhancement being tracked by some reference number?  I'm interested to know when it lands in a software pack.

Its there now David.  It came last release actually.   Fully configurable in CCA 2.x as well.

Enjoy

I have UC500 version 8.0.4 - I can see that SNR can be configured in the CCA 2.5. But this strange behaviour

of the desk phone still ringing for the timeout even though the GSM call is already answered. So what

do you mean that this is now fixed ?

It seems to me that the timeout is both meant for when to call the SNR number and keeps

on ringing aswell after SNR has answered. Which I think is a terrible "feature" You

can have co-workers picking up for you and so on. Disconnecting the GSM or SNR call somewhere else !

regards. Kristjan Edvardsson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: