cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat3550 initial configuration hang

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,i'm facing a weird issue,i wanted to configure my 3550 48 port switch for some purposes,when power up the switch, the switch passed the POST without any issue,and there's no image corrupted also. It just hang some where when the switch prompted from initial configuration.I can input any command from console terminal,it seem like the connection lost or the switch terminal not responding.Attached is where the stage hang.

Anyone encounter this issue before?

TIA

6 Replies 6

billzha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Is this the first time you were trying to login this box? If so, then you may try to do password recovery. The old configuration may have security feature when were enabled to prevent you from accessing it through console.

Hi Sir,

When the first time i console into the switch,i encounter this issue.I then access to the switch mode "swich:" and perform an erase flash,all the files erased including the IOS.Then i loaded a newer IOS thru xmodem.After the switch boot up,it still hang at the same place.There's no more configuration,as the switch has prompted for initial setup.

regards.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue or has encounter this before?

regards

Hi ,

-- System Configuration Dialog ---

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]:

After typing No is switch hangs or not at that point ...

MSK :)

Hi,

It's regardless you type Yes or No, it just hang itself, or even it hang before i can type in the option.

This document provides a sample configuration for how to set up an EtherChannel between a Catalyst 3550 and a Catalyst 6500/6000 running Cisco IOS® System Software. EtherChannel can be called Fast EtherChannel or Gigabit EtherChannel, depending upon the speed of interfaces or ports used to form the EtherChannel.
please check the below link for more info:-https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/etherchannel/12033-89.html.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: