cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-site setup with Point-to-Point and one UC500. Need remote side to use local gateway for 911 dialing.

anthony.t
Level 4
Level 4

I have one UC500 running CME 4.2 on my main location.  I currently have a Point-to-Point circuit between both sites and have phones working via both sites.  I am looking for a way to program the 1751-V router I have as a 911 gateway for my remote location only.  Currently I if I dial 911 from either location it uses the default FXO_Group and calls out from the main location.  This if fine when dialing 911 from the main but from my remote I need it to use the line here.  Any ideas would sure help.  Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need CLI to accomplish this. On the UC500, you need to define a VoIP dial-peer that points to the 1700 site. The destination pattern needs to be "911" or "9911". Then, you need to increase the "preference" (selection order) of the POTS dial peers associated with your FXO trunks.

You can use the existing VoIP peers in place today as a reference to build the Emergency peer.

Here is an application note with more information about multisite deployments:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9652

I hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You will need CLI to accomplish this. On the UC500, you need to define a VoIP dial-peer that points to the 1700 site. The destination pattern needs to be "911" or "9911". Then, you need to increase the "preference" (selection order) of the POTS dial peers associated with your FXO trunks.

You can use the existing VoIP peers in place today as a reference to build the Emergency peer.

Here is an application note with more information about multisite deployments:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9652

I hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

anthony.t
Level 4
Level 4

As I look through this document it explains how to do a multi-site setup with multiple UC500's.  Do you know of any configuration examples that I can look at for the one UC500 and the 1700?  I do believe I am on the correct track.  Thank you.

The VPN configuration between the two should be exactly the same. The voice piece should be very approximate, with only difference being voice ports and little more.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: