cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Router Call Manager Express with E1 line.

tranarison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I need to configure redundant CCME router with E1-PRI PSTN line. Cisco gives the way to workaround for FXO line but no recommandation for E1 line.

With FXO line, Cisco suggest using splitter connected to the 2 redundant routers. Is there a splitter for E1 line ?

Also, hox can I ensure that confiration made on the active CCME router will be automatically duplicated on the redudant router ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tsilavo,

The best info I have ever seen on this question is from CME guru Tony @ Cisco;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Voice%20and%20Video&topicID=.ee7f996&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2b092/36#selected_message

The problem with E1 PRI lines is that they will not be able to be functional on both routers at the same time (due to the D-Channel negotiation constricts). You can modifiy the connecting cable into a Y-type connection with one of the E1 interfaces shut down and only enabled during a "failover" time frame. This, of course, will require manual intervention :) The other consideration is that there is no "replication" of changes between the redundant routers, so any change made to router #1 will need to be manually configured on router #2.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tsilavo,

The best info I have ever seen on this question is from CME guru Tony @ Cisco;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Voice%20and%20Video&topicID=.ee7f996&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc2b092/36#selected_message

The problem with E1 PRI lines is that they will not be able to be functional on both routers at the same time (due to the D-Channel negotiation constricts). You can modifiy the connecting cable into a Y-type connection with one of the E1 interfaces shut down and only enabled during a "failover" time frame. This, of course, will require manual intervention :) The other consideration is that there is no "replication" of changes between the redundant routers, so any change made to router #1 will need to be manually configured on router #2.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you Rob.

It confirms my doubt.

Thanks.

I rated you.

Hi Tsilavo,

You are most welcome my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: