Helpful
Replies

easy question on calling name

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

sorry it's really a silly question..

i created an internal extension 4000 this extension is forwarded all to a pstn external number (local number)

i want to display a name (XYZ .. whatever) on the caller phone when calling 4000 instead of displaying the local pstn number that this 4000 is forwarded to?

btw, i tried to create a CTI RP with 4000 as DN and forwarded it all to the pstn local number but still the same .. it displays that pstn local number when calling 4000

i'm sure there is a simple way to do it ... but i'm not able to figure it out.. could any one help me please..

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

What kind of PSTN Connection do you have POTS/PRI/CAS.

As far as caller-name is concerned you may have to speak to your Telco to see if they are transmitting it across or not.

The question is about showing a called name for a forwarded DN, not about calling name from PSTN.

Incidentally I do not know how to do this.

yes it's about showing a called name for a forwarded DN or waht's called alerting name ... sorry for inconvinience...

i tried many workarounds but nothong got to work with me .. any body has any idea...

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: