cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 + CUP 7 + AD LDAP Attribute Mapping

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

If you select "telephoneNumber" as the LDAP Attribute for UserID in CUCM what should the UserID field be set for in CUPC LDAP Attribute Mapping on CUP? I am assuming that CUP should also be mapped to "telephoneNumber" but I would like to take this from assumption to fact (grin).

Thanks

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

The short answer is "yes".

But the background story is much longer.

#1 People usually think the LDAP configuration on CUPS is used by CUPS. That's not true. The LDAP configuration is for CUPC.

#2 The LDAP configuration on CUPS is NOT used by CUPC login. It's only used by CUPC LDAP search.

#3 If you add contacts by LDAP search, you need to make sure the userID matches the one on CUCM.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

I will have to deploy CUP/CUPC 7 in an existing CUCM 6.1.3 environment in a few weeks, and I wonder if I will meet some troubles with my configuration.

CUCM end-user directory is synced with an Active Directory forest. To allow authentication against AD, we use the userPrincipleName attribute as CUCM-UserID because there are two domains into the forest.

It is the only compatible configuration to authenticate users in a multi-domain environment, user@domain1.local and user@domain2.local can be authenticated in the same CUCM cluster.

For CUP, if I understand what you said, it is possible to map CUP-UserID attribute to AD-userPrincipleName attribute.

With this mapping, CUPC users will be able to find other users from LDAP search box and right-click/add users in buddy-list using the userPrincipleName as UserID. Because the UserID will match the UserID inside CUCM, they will be able to display Presence and Line appearance information. Correct?

Anf for CUPC login, the authentication will be done against CUCM (not directly against AD), still with userPrincipleName. Right?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Yorick

You're correct.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I really appreciate your very quick confirmation.

Best regards,

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: