Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ospf Hidden commands.

while i was configuring something in my lab, testing some features for my studies, when i found this command that is not listed in the output of "show ip ospf ?"..... the commands is "show ip ospf e", then searching in the web i found more commands tha are tecnically Hidden at least in the IOS i`m using..C7200-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M. 12.4(4).

show ip ospf bad-checksum

show ip ospf delete

show ip ospf delete-list

show ip ospf ev

show ip ospf events

show ip ospf maxage-list

i would like to know, the reason of this.

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eddy

I can not speak to the details of these hidden commands. But I can say that in general there are a number of commands that are not documented, and therefore are "hidden". Many of them are inserted because they provide helpful diagnostic functions. But they may not have been through the level of testing and evaluation for Cisco feeling comfortable in making them generally available and documented. Because they are not documented they do not qualify for support assistance if you use them and something unexpected happens.

I would advise you to be cautious about using the undocumented commands. Many of them are helpful and useful, but some of them are dangerous.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card