Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 Shared line can't be use for DSS

esther.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have a secretary who is unable to use the shared line (her boss) configured on her 7th button to transfer call. DSS has been configured in the system, and it works for all other users except her.

I tried changing the button to monitor button, and it works. Strange enough is DSS works on other phones' shared lines, just not hers. I have also reset her phone through system, and also physically plugged out.

Her boss config:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 720608

pickup-group 7201

label CS Chew (1)

description 6496-0608

name CS Chew

call-forward max-length 9

call-forward busy A720608

call-forward noan 729999 timeout 10

huntstop channel

hold-alert 60 originator

Secretary config:

ephone-dn 28 dual-line

number 720611

pickup-group 7201

label Karen Kam (1)

description 6496-0611

name Karen Kam

call-forward max-length 9

call-forward busy A720611

call-forward noan 729999 timeout 18

huntstop channel

hold-alert 60 originator

ephone 28

ephone-template 1

username "karkam" password password

mac-address 001B.D47D.2002

speed-dial 1 720612 label "Lynn"

speed-dial 2 720614 label "Evelyn"

speed-dial 3 720636 label "Raha"

speed-dial 4 720615 label "Pam"

speed-dial 5 90161396031312 label "Marissa"

type 7961GE addon 1 7914

keep-conference endcall

button 1:28 2:77 4:116 6o206,207,208,209,210,211

button 7:1 8:50 9m3 10m12 <button 7 dss not working

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Esther,

I'm a little unsure about this comment;

"I tried changing the button to monitor button, and it works."

As one of the requirements for the use of DSS is the "Monitor" configuration, so it seems to be working as designed.

Have a look at this reference;

DSS (Direct Station Select) Service

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions, the DSS (Direct Station Select) Service feature allows the phone user to press a single speed-dial line button to transfer an incoming call when the call is in the connected state. This feature is supported on all phones on which **monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured.

When the DSS service is enabled, the system automatically generates a simulated transfer key event when needed, eliminating the requirement for the phone user to press the Transfer button.

Disabling the service changes the behavior of the speed-dial line button on all IP phones so that a user pressing a speed-dial button in the middle of a connected call will play out the speed-dial digits into the call without transferring the call. When DSS service is disabled, the phone user must first press Transfer and then press the monitor or speed-dial line button to transfer the incoming call.

SCCP: Enabling DSS Service

To enable DSS Service for all on all SCCP phones on which monitor line buttons for speed dial or speed-dial line buttons are configured, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) or a later version.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony-service

4. service dss

5. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1035362

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

I know it will work on Monitor button. We have users who is using this feature on shared line meaning the configuration is eg. 1:10 instead of 1m10. Get me?

This works for any other users, except one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: