This is my goal
1. Internet Cloud
2. Cisco 1841 Router: 10.10.10.1 (This router only has two ports, FA0/1 to internet and FA0/0 to the 3550 switch)
3. Cisco 3550: 10.10.10.2 on VLAN1 (Management VLAN)
4. Clients VLAN20: 10.10.20.1 255.255.255.0
5. Servers VLAN30: 10.10.30.1 255.255.255.0
6. One DHCP\DNS Server on VLAN 30
I would like to enable Layer 3 routing on the 3550 and avoid the sub interfaces on the router if it is not needed and I need to be able to have the clients request an IP from the DHCP server on VLAN 30.
What are the commands I need to get this network setup working.
in which vlan is ur router port connected to.
make sure that u have IP configured according to subnet of that vlan.
and on u r router
add the static routes for u r internal vlan subnets.
ip route 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0 (ip of the SVI in which the router is connected.
ip route 10.10.20.0 /24 same IP as above
ip route 10.10.30.0/24 same Ip as above.
and on the switch add a default route to the router.
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (ip of the ethernet interface on the router.)