Helpful
Replies

7206VXR

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is this part no. of 7206VXR (7206VXR/NPE-G2

) comes with 3 Gig port? What I know that it comes with Gig port but I am not sure that its SFP or Ethernet...Can any body confirm the same.

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Goutam,

NPE_G2 has the bays for hosting SFP and the the RJ-45 ports.

you need to specify what to use with

media-type sfp|rj45

in interface config mode

router(config-if)#media-type ?

rj45 Use RJ45 connector

sfp Use SFP connector

if you need to use SFP you need to buy them separately.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks, please help me that I need 3 SFP port with SFP module. So, is that part no. ok for this.

and also I need to know that the same SFP support 1310nm fibre?

Please help me on this.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps341/product_data_sheet0900aecd8047177b.html

"• Gigabit Ethernet ports-Three 10/100/1000-Mbps ports are available on the Cisco NPE-G2 (Figure 2). Each of these ports provides either copper or optical connectivity (via Small Form Factor Pluggable optics (SFP))."

On the NPE-G2, there are 3 physical ports jacks of both types, copper and SFP ports paired side-by-side. A port pair only support one of its ports at a time. (The SFP ports don't support copper.)

PS:

More gig ports can be provided in (available) port adapter slots of the 7206VXR or the Cisco 7200 Series 1-Port Gigabit Ethernet and 1-Port Ethernet Input/Output Controller. However, also keep in mind a -G2's forwarding performance, 2 Mpps, really only guarantees about 1 Gbps (non-duplex).

Hi

Thanks for your help. I need to layed cable near about 10 km (1310nm)for that which SFP module I need to order

Hello Goutam,

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

you need GLC-LH-SM be aware that 10 km is the reach limit for this type of SFP.

and you need 9/10 micron core SM fiber see table 6 in above document

As Joseph has noted performance are in the order of 500 Mbps full duplex.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card