CUCM Path-Reservation method

Unanswered Question
May 25th, 2009

I have CUCM 7.0.2 with a MGCP GW 2811, and a trunk through QSIG to a HIPATH 4000.

My question is Can I invoke a path-reservation to this PBX HIPATH 4000, I can see on the CUCM service parameters that I have "No path-reservation to FALSE" but I think that this parameter is as an response to a external PBX request. How I can invoke this feature to an external PBX?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jbayuka Fri, 05/29/2009 - 12:25

CCM service parameter "NO PATH-RESERVATION" is used for "Call back" purposes and is specific to PBX model. For example, In case of a PBX phone initiating the Call Back, Cisco Unified CallManager accepts the Call Back Request from PBX and tries to complete the Call Back as the Cisco IP phone becomes free but PBX responds with Call Back Cancel. The issue is that PBX wants to do Call Back with "Path Reservation" method and Cisco Unified CallManager responds in the return result to a CCBS/CCNR request with: "No-Path-Reservation" method. In order to get Call Back feature to work with that PBX, Cisco Unified CallManager needs to respond to the Call Back request with "Path Reservation" method. In that case, you need to change this parameter to value from default "False" to "True".

CUCM can send "Path reservation" to PBX (HIPATH 4000) when you do a callback, and when any extension of the PBX world calls the same extension that you did the callback; they get the busy tone because you have a "path reservation.

Francisco Lucen... Sat, 05/30/2009 - 06:47

Thanks for your help!!!

Ok but how I tell to the CUCM for send "Path reservation" to PBX? It's a service parameter?

On the trace log I don't see path reservation but I can see CCBS request. How I can activate path reservation to PBX?

Francisco Lucen... Tue, 06/02/2009 - 07:54

I don't know if this “CbPahReserve.inv” message will appear when the external PBX tell to my CUCM that this feature is possible on the previous message “ccExecPossible.inv”.

Is this true?

This Discussion