Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520-48U uk box

paul.ramm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client with a 48U (uk) and i need to understand the maximum user logins i can setup. i am getting different answers from the disty support. the client needs to be able to create around 100+ user logins for the phone system as they run a helpdesk for kids and their counsellors may only be on the helpdesk once per month. there are around 200 in total.

does anyone no the answer to this, please.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are talking about extension mobility, then a maximum of 336 voice user profiles can be defined:

UC500#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
UC500(config)#voice us
UC500(config)#voice user-profile ?
  <1-336>  user profile tag

And a maximum of 112 logout profiles. More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

If you are talking about extension mobility, then a maximum of 336 voice user profiles can be defined:

UC500#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
UC500(config)#voice us
UC500(config)#voice user-profile ?
  <1-336>  user profile tag

And a maximum of 112 logout profiles. More information on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmemobl.html

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thank you for the response. this has allowed us to bid for around £20,000 worth of business :)

Another started for 10.....

We have a client with a Nortel BCM 50 and on a different site the above UC520-48U.

we are proposing a Disaster Recovery  solution that needs to route traffic through the UC box down an SDSL line to the BCM 50 for an emergency situation. assuming bandwidth etc is appropriate. Does anyone have experience of connecting the UC520 to a Nortel CM 50 for voice traffic?

Ideally a hunt group will be setup on the BCM to take the VoIP traffic form the UC520.

?

We'll try to make it work, but remember this interoperability is not supported by TAC.

I am assuming that you are using a SIP trunk, because of your bandwidth comment. We need to confirm whether is SIP or PSTN trunks that you have, since this will determine how we configure Call Admission Control (CAC).

1) Assuming VoIP trunks, the CAC configuration would be something like this:

!

call threshold interface FastEthernet0/0 int-calls low 1 high 2

!

Here, a maximum of 2 WAN calls are being allowed. The third one will look for an alternate route.

2) Then you would create dial peers to point to the BCM, with a higher "preference" (which really means "selection order") than your current SIP trunk dial-peers. These new peers must be in the "safe" range for CCA (index 5500 and above):

!

dial-peer voice 5500 voip

description ** To BCM 50**
destination-pattern 9.T

preference 2

codec g711ulaw
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:20.20.20.20
incoming called-number .%
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
ip qos dscp cs5 media
ip qos dscp cs4 signaling
no vad

!

I have made a few assumptions with the dial peer above:

a) The Nortel BCM can do SIP and accept unsolicited (no registration) calls from the UC500.

b) They can do g711ulaw (or alaw in England) and RFC2833 for DTMF relay.

c) The called and calling number have not been manipulated (no translations). We could do this if the BCM needs them in a specific format.

Notice that the failover is based on actual call count and not link quality. Making the system react to link degradation would require infrastructure that you do not have. However, with the IP SLA feature you could detect interface status (using ICMP ping) and modify your IP routing accordingly, all in an automated manner. I discuss it in the following document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9423

We can do all this, but ultimately it will come down to whether the BCM can take SIP calls or not. Good luck.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: