Helpful
Replies

RVL200 - remote management issue

pkempinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a RVL200 Router
,and I encounter issue related to remote management. The problem with the router appears only with specific configuration which I accurately describes below (You can also download attached configuration - login:admin pass:root) and it reveals a lack of communication on the WAN interface (Link/Act LED stil blinking).

Configuration:

• The newest firmware realese 1.1.7
  • Manual set WAN IP address & DNS.
  • Create few VLAN's for example: 4 VLAN each with own subnet.
  • Enable  remote management - SSL port 80 or 8080.
  • Enable VLAN routing.
  • Create a trunk port on one of the RVL200's LAN ports and  assign all VLAN.

How to stop communication between WAN & LAN:

• Connect the PC to the LAN port with assigned VLAN other than the default VLAN1.
  • Connect the PC to the WAN port with corresponding IP address to a static configuration on the WAN port.
  • Start the ping from the LAN to a PC located behind WAN
  • Attempt to log on SSL remotely from the WAN, result of communication break.

These steps leads to temporary WAN interface failure, everything returns to normal when I changed the IP address of WAN.

5 Replies 5

Hi!

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

This bug makes improssible to use this router with VLANs and remote SSL management.. what is a typical situation i many cases.

Are there any new firmware relase planned to resolve this?

Br,

Lukasz

No one known how to resolve it?

Firmware 1.1.10.1 (beta) allows SSL VPN and remote management to go on different ports.

How can I get it?

Beta firmware can be obtained from the Technical Support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: