Assistance in designing VoIP for a medium enterprise

Unanswered Question
May 25th, 2009

I am new to Cisco Unified Communications Messenging (UCM) but I am learning. I would like to get inputs from Voice Experts

in this forum regarding deployment Cisco UCM in my environment. We're a Nortel PBX shop with Cisco on the data network.

I am responsible for the data side. Voice and data are on separate network. However, there is push to merge both data

and voice into a single network. Here is what currently my network looks like:

- We have two main Data Centers in Virginia and Pensylvania,

- we have 15 remote branches scatter throughout the US and a single remote offices in London,

- We have one HQ in Maryland and a large campus, 500 users, in New York,

- HQ has about 2000 users. Remote branches has at most 100 users,

- Exchange servers and mailbox for all users reside in both Data Centers

There are two OC-3 connections into each data centers. The large campus has two DS-3 connections to the Data centers.

The remote branch has two T-1 connections to the Data Centers. We're running eIGRP between the data centers, large campuses

and remote branches. We're using load-sharing on the T-1 connections between the remote branches used by eIGRP dynamic routing

protocols. We're using QoS between data centers and the remote branches and large campuses.

I have the following questions for voice experts in this forum:

- How many Call Managers do I need to deploy in this environment to provide redundancies between HQ, large campus and remote

branches? How many call managers will I need in this scenario? How many Call Managers clusters will I need in this scenario?

- Where would you place the Call managers to ensure redundancies?

- What about Unity? What do I used this for?

- How much, approximately, would it cost to deploy Cisco CUM, this scenario? In other words, if I want replace my Nortel

PBX system with Cisco UCM, with the same features that I have currently with Nortel PBX, how much is it going to cost me?

Thank you very much and looking forward in hearing your comments.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion