Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery System UCM 7.0 Fail SFTP

lc.santos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, can any help me?

I have this issue when a try to make a new backup:

Error - unable to access sftp server, stdErr: Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond.Please make sure the login credentials and path are correct.

The datas is correct but, looking the log traces I see this:

Executing Maverick SFTP put command for: User: lab_lsantos HostName: 172.23.3.25 from source :/common/drf/dUmmI_Drf to detination : /dUmmI_Drf

Is it possible create :/xxx in plataform intel, with Windows?

Tnx

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

If you failed to access SFTP from CUCM, 99.99999% chance the problem is on SFTP other than CUCM.

To test your SFTP, I'd recommend you use a SFTP client (like this one: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/psftp.exe).

Also, have a little bit knowledge on directory/sub-directory would help you troubleshoot the problem as well.

For example, could you tell the difference of the following paths?

1) /

2) \

3) .

4) ./

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Tnx Michael,

but I really dont know if is the diference between the OS client e server, because one is Linux and other one is Windows. In WXP the directory/sub-directory slash is "\" and Linux is "/".

Is it the problem, in your oppinion?

Tnx a lot

For most of the SFTP servers, "/" and "\" are the same. But depending on the server, "/" and "./" could be different.

For example, SFTP servers on Windows usually treat "/" as "SFTP root". But SFTP servers on Linux usually treat "/" as system root. If the login account does not have permission on system root, that could cause problem.

Here are some recommendations:

1) Use FreeFTPd for testing. Because it's freeware and widely used (and proven to work with CUCM).

2) Use "." or "./" as the path in CUCM DRS configuration. "." and "./" means "current directory" or "user's directory".

3) Test SFTP server with SFTP client to verify connectivity and permission. I'd recommend you use a command line client. So you are fully aware what path you're in. Test commands include:

cd

mkdir

put

rmdir

Hope this helps.

Michael

ran into similar issue where all components restored good except CAR/CDR, the way i got away from this is i restored all of them and let CDR/CAR failed, then i ran another restore and only restored CAR/CDR and it succeeded

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: