Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.1

Two problems faced .

1. How can we have audio and visual alerts of any of the faults occuring in the network in realtime?

2. How can we integrate ciscoworks with a sms gateway, so that we can receive SMS on the event of faults occuring?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If, for example, the interface associated with these modules goes down, and DFM is managing those interfaces, then you will see an event generated in DFM's Alerts and Activities Display. That event will be enclosed within an alert.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot create interactive alerts as event scripts that can be run from LMS (e.g. RME's syslog automated action feature) cannot interact with the server's desktop.

Provided you have an email-to-SMS gateway, you can simply configure the various features of LMS (e.g. DFM's notification services and RME's syslog and change audit automated actions) to send email to this gateway. There is no built-in SMS capabilities in LMS.

Read in a post somewhere that we can acheive visual alerts through somewhere in DFM, not sure exactly where, but i suppose it may be the monitoring. is it true?

Regarding the audio alerts is there something that we can tweak / third-party software (may be) to acheive this?

Well, DFM offers the Alerts and Activities Display which can show you alerts as they are happening on the network. However, it won't flash the screen or play a sound when a new alert arrives.

I don't know of any third part software that does this, but if such a package exists (or if you create one) that can receive a trap, syslog, email, or be triggered off of a script, then you could use the existing notification features in LMS to generate the necessary notifications.

thanks clarke for clearing my doubts.

What my problem is we have a very huge infrastructure, some 900+ cisco devices. I wanted to see the alerts as and when a fault occurs. like, say one SFP module goes faulty, or say one twin gig convertor goes faulty etc. is this possible?

If, for example, the interface associated with these modules goes down, and DFM is managing those interfaces, then you will see an event generated in DFM's Alerts and Activities Display. That event will be enclosed within an alert.

thanks man, its nice to have you around.

one more question. is there any limit to how many devices i can add to the CNA? I read that i can add upto 40 devices in a single community. but like this how many communities can i create? and is it possible to connect to more than one community at the same time?

You should start a new thread for this question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: